Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Video of the Week: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

I'll admit, this week's Video of the Week is probably my favorite video I've shared on this blog. This past Sunday at the Oscars, The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore won an Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film (I'm pleased to say that I correctly predicted this short to win).

And now that it's won, they have posted the full length short film on YouTube. I watched it yesterday and fell in love instantly. If you're a book lover like I am, you'll also love it. It follows our main character who seems to be a book lover as well. There's a big storm and we get a sort of Wizard of Oz feel to it for the first little bit. After that, it takes on a life of its own as he walks into a bookstore and the entire short is all about books. The concept is unique and brilliant. The animation, just as strong. I won't give everything away here, because I want you to experience it full for yourself.

Here is this week's Video of the Week:



Even though the other nominees are considered the "losers" for this award, I hope those shorts are released online for us to watch and enjoy; I particularly want to see the Pixar one, La Luna.

What'd you think of this short film? Did it deserve the Oscar? I sure think it did.

If there's a fantastic video or photo you've taken or seen recently, send it to me via Twitter or e-mail, and I might share it on this blog.

Follow me on Twitter @TheJeffDodge; I tweet various thoughts and opinions there.

No comments:

Post a Comment