Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quotes of the Week: President's Day, Washington's Birthday

(Image courtesy of the White House)
In honor of yesterday being President's Day and tomorrow being George Washington's birthday, I thought I would post some quotes by a few Presidents, including Washington. Here are this week's Quotes of the Week:

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
--George Washington

I leave you, hoping that the lamp of liberty will burn in your bosoms until there shall no longer be a doubt that all men are created free and equal.
--Abraham Lincoln

If hard work is not another name for talent, it is the best possible substitute for it.
--James Garfield

Ask not what your country can do for you -- ask what you can do for your country.
--John F. Kennedy

There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.
--Bill Clinton

Think about every problem, every challenge, we face. The solution to each starts with education.
--George W. Bush

Which is these quotes is your favorite? And do you have a different Presidential quote that you love? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Stay tuned tomorrow (February 22) for my next Video of the Week, a YouTube video I came across recently that shows an amazing illusion that I can't stop thinking about.

If there's a great quote, photo or video you've come across, send it to me via Twitter, e-mail or in the comments below, and I might share it on this blog.

Follow me on Twitter @TheJeffDodge. I tweet various thoughts and opinions there. And anything I post on this blog will be tweeted there as well (so that's the best way to find out when the blog's been updated).

No comments:

Post a Comment