Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Photos of the Week: Katharine McPhee (from Idol to Smash)

NBC's new musical drama, Smash, premiered last week to great ratings, and the second episode aired this past Monday. If you've been following my Recommendations of the Week, you'll know that I've been speaking very highly of this show, which stars Katharine McPhee, who we originally were introduced to on season 5 of American Idol.

In honor of her show premiering recently, I thought I would share a couple photos I took when I saw her in concert. American Idol has been on for 10 seasons now (currently in its 11th), and every year the finalists embark on a nation-wide tour each summer. And I have been to every single one of them. If you haven't been to one yet, I highly recommend it. It's very family-friendly, like the show is, and provides great music.


It's amazing to think that we got to see Katharine McPhee start out her career (and be able to vote for her, as I did). And now with Smash, she's becoming the star that she was always meant to be. Below are two photos of her performing during the American Idols Live! Tour 2006, in this week's Photos of the Week (click on each of the below images to see larger versions):

(Image courtesy of Jeff Dodge)
Katharine McPhee, American Idols Live! Tour 2006.
Have you ever been to an American Idol concert before? Are you watching Smash? What do you think of Katharine McPhee on the show?

If there's a fantastic video or photo you've taken or seen recently, send it to me via Twitter or e-mail, and I might share it on this blog.

Follow me on Twitter @TheJeffDodge; I tweet various thoughts and opinions there.

No comments:

Post a Comment