Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Quotes of the Week: Abraham Lincoln (In Honor of His Birthday)

(Image courtesy of Britannica)
In honor of Abraham Lincoln's birthday (which occurred two days ago), I thought I would post some quotes by the man himself. I knew I wouldn't be able to pick just one, so here are just four of many, in this week's Quotes of the Week:

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?

Ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors to bullets.

Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and under a just God, can not long retain it.

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.

--Abraham Lincoln

Which of these quotes is your favorite? Or do you have another quote by Lincoln that stands out the most to you? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Stay tuned tomorrow (February 15) for my next Photo of the Week, a couple photos I took of Katharine McPhee from the American Idol tour in 2006, in celebration of her show Smash having premiered recently.

If there's a great quote, photo or video you've come across, send it to me via Twitter, e-mail or in the comments below, and I might share it on this blog.

Follow me on Twitter @TheJeffDodge. I tweet various thoughts and opinions there. And anything I post on this blog will be tweeted there as well (so that's the best way to find out when the blog's been updated).

No comments:

Post a Comment