Friday, February 3, 2012

American Idol 11 Week 3: The Best from Portland/St. Louis Auditions

(Image courtesy of FOX)
Until I start recapping/reviewing American Idol when the live shows come around, I will be providing who I think are the best from the auditions.

American Idol 11: Portland Auditions
Air Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 [8-9pm]

Audition City: Portland, OR

Jermaine Jones - "Superstar"
  He does great on the low notes, and his voice reminds me of Ruben Studdard.

Britney Kellogg - "You're No Good"
  Her husband held her back from chasing her dreams, and he cheated on her; she has two boys. She's from Vancouver, WA, the state I live in.

Naomi Gilles - "Crying"
  She's a little shouty in the louder and higher notes, but overall it was good.

Jessica Phillips
  Her boyfriend had a stroke. Her voice is strongly R&B.

45 went through to Hollywood.



American Idol 11: St. Louis Auditions
Air Date: Thursday, February 2, 2012 [8-9pm]

Audition City: St. Louis, MO

*John Keyser - "A Change is Gonna Come"
  I'm usually more impressed by the girls during the auditions than the guys, but he has probably the best male voice that has auditioned this year.

*Rachel Lamb
  Her voice is very reminiscent of Faith Hill and Martina McBride. She's in the middle of a divorce; her husband took her dreams away from her (Sound familiar? See Britney Kellogg above).

Ethan Jones - "I'll Be"
  He's a high school dropout, and in a family band. He has a smooth voice with a few growls thrown in once in a while that surprised me coming from him but that I liked.

46 went through to Hollywood.

My latest Recommendations of the Week will be online on Sunday, February 5.

Follow me on Twitter @TheJeffDodge. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, either tweet me, e-mail me or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment