Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quote of the Week [1/31/12]: Walt Disney

(Image courtesy of NASA)
I love coming across fantastic, inspiring, moving, funny and other quotes that stand out to me. So I thought I'd share various quotes in the weeks to come that I've come across. My idea is to share one a week here on this blog.

Here is this week's Quote of the Week:

All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them.
--Walt Disney

I love this quote. And it's very reflective of what the one and only Walt Disney has been able to accomplish himself. The thing is, I've been in the thick of it during a difficult time when I was trying to make my own dream come true of becoming a teacher. I hit some roadblocks, and I ended up changing majors in college. I spent almost my whole life trying to pursue this dream.

And so you might think that this quote isn't up my alley. But it is. Because through all of that, I realized that maybe that wasn't the big dream I was meant to follow. After waking up and realizing that I needed to go down a path that was 100% what I wanted to do and not for anybody else, once I came to terms with that, it became easier.

And now I have graduated with an English degree and am now a freelance writer and editor who is also working on writing a book on the side. I'm actually doing something that I love now. And that is why the above quote applies to myself, and will continue as I try to get a book published.

Does this quote have any meaning to you? What is your dream that you're trying to pursue? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Stay tuned tomorrow (February 1) for my next Video of the Week, of a video I found online that has to do with books.

If there's a great quote, photo or video you've come across, send it to me via Twitter, e-mail or in the comments below, and I might share it on this blog.

Follow me on Twitter @TheJeffDodge. I tweet various thoughts and opinions there. Anything I post on this blog will be tweeted there as well (so that's the best way to find out when the blog's updated).

No comments:

Post a Comment