Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Photo of the Week [1/25/12]: A Snowman Among Snow

As you could see from last week's photos, these photos and videos I feature might not always be ones I found online; they may also be ones I have taken myself. This week's Photo of the Week is a snowman a few of us built recently. Last week, the Pacific Northwest was pounded by a major snowstorm; I live in the area and we were definitely hit hard.

While out in the snow, I decided to build a snowman, and others helped me finish it. I didn't know that snowmen could grow hair, did you? You can't tell in the photo, but the hat he's wearing says Alaska on it, so I guess our snowman traveled all the way from Alaska, where I'm sure the temperature suited him.

(Image courtesy of Jeff Dodge)
The other night, it rained while we all were asleep and much of the snow melted. Yesterday, I looked out the window again and there's no snow left in that area; only sticks, rocks and a carrot remain. With the rising temperatures as well as the rain, our beloved snowman passed away.

If there's a fantastic photo or video you've taken or seen recently, sent it to me via Twitter or e-mail, and I might share it on this blog.

Follow me on Twitter @TheJeffDodge; I tweet various thoughts and opinions there.

No comments:

Post a Comment