Tuesday, May 8, 2018

'American Idol' 16 Live Twitter Recap: The Top 7 Perform

(Photo Source: ABC)

American Idol 16: Top 7
Air Date: Sunday, May 6, 2018 (8-10pm)
Themes: Prince/Songs from the Year You Were Born

It's the second of three live-in-every-time-zone episodes! Once again, that new element brought a lot of excitement to the show. And once again, I live-tweeted every episode. I voted, like I always do. And then at the end of the night, two of the remaining seven finalists were eliminated.

Here's my live Twitter recap for the Top 7...

[More: American Idol Live Twitter Recap: The Top 10 Perform]






















Last week's eliminations were not surprising at all. And this week's were not either. Last week, three of the four danger zone contestants saved by the judges got cut, so it was obvious that the fourth danger zone singer, Jurnee, would be next on the chopping block. I've really liked her this season, but even I knew this was coming.

As for Catie, as I said in one of the above tweets, her forgetting the words is what sent her home. After that happened, I did think, though, that she would get sympathy votes and maybe even be safe as a result. It's because of that that I thought Michael would be a goner instead.

Things are getting down to the wire. And since it's obvious that Gabby and Cade will be in the finals, that means two of Michael, Caleb and Maddie will be cut next week. I think Michael will for sure be gone. But as far as Caleb and Maddie are concerned, I don't know what will happen. For me personally, I really want Maddie to stick around. But we all know the voting tendencies of viewers and it wouldn't be surprising if Caleb advanced. I mean, someone like Caleb would definitely make it to the finals on The Voice, even if it's only to be the first one out.

Anyway, that's all for next time, when the Top 5 perform. And Carrie Underwood will also perform, as well as mentor the finalists. See ya then...

No comments:

Post a Comment