Sunday, April 29, 2018

'American Idol' 16 Live Twitter Recap: The Top 10 Perform

(Photo Source: ABC)

American Idol 16: Top 10
Air Date: Sunday, April 29, 2018 (8-10pm)
Theme: Disney Night

It's time for the finals to begin! The Top 10 were revealed last week, and now these 10 remaining contestants only have America to save them now. And speaking of America, Idol made history tonight as the first reality competition show ever to air live in every time zone in the country. This really is unprecedented. Because I live on the West Coast, I've never truly been able to watch my favorite show live -- until now -- and I live-tweeted every step of the way.

Not only are these next three weeks live everywhere, but viewers are able to vote in real time, with the results being announced at the end of the episode. That's what happened tonight, as the Top 10 performed Disney songs, and three finalists were eliminated.

Here's my live Twitter recap for the Top 10...

[More: American Idol 16 Twitter Recap: The Top 10 Revealed]



















I said last week that I wasn't happy with one of the singers who made it into the Top 10 and that now America has a chance to right that wrong, which is exactly what happened tonight! I'm so happy to see Michelle Sussett gone.

And as one of my tweets mentioned, all three of tonight's eliminated contestants were in the danger zone last week. Because of that, I'm worried for Jurnee's chances. Two will be eliminated next time, so if tonight's outcome goes as expected for next week, then Jurnee will be going home, along with someone else. I don't know who else might be in danger, though.

But speaking of next time, the Top 7 will be singing the music of Prince. Hopefully, some great performances can come from that. See ya then...

No comments:

Post a Comment