Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Year in Review: My Top Recommendations of the Year

In Part 1 of my 2012 Year in Review, I went back and reviewed my January 1, 2012 post 'What I'm Looking Forward to This Year.' Now, in Part 2, it's time to compile all my 2012 Recommendations in order. So let's get right into it with the my #1 Recommendations, the movies/TV shows/books/etc. that stood out above them all:

#1 Recommendations:
1. The Hunger Games
2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

3. American Horror Story: Asylum
4. Smash
5. Game Change (book)
6. Brave

7. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
8. Political Animals
9. Revolution

10. 8 (Prop 8 play)
11. Harry Potter: Page to Screen
12. The Artist
13. The Amazing Spider-Man
14. Pitch Perfect

15. The Adventures of Tintin
16. A Game of Thrones

17. The Ides of March
18. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish film)
19. The Casual Vacancy
20. Chely Wright: Wish Me Away

21. Life in a Day (YouTube film)
22. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
23. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Swedish film)

Other 2012 Recommendations:
1. Once Upon a Time
2. Puss in Boots
3. Catfish: The TV Show
4. Super 8

5. Mobbed
6. Alcatraz
7. Commander in Chief
8. ParaNorman

9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (U.S. film)
10. Hugo
11. The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
12. Opening Act
13. Recount
14. Katy Perry: Part of Me
15. Ruby Sparks

16. Fear Factor
17. Demi Lovato: Stay Strong

Top Film: The Hunger Games
Top TV Show: American Horror Story
Top Book: Game Change


I had a really hard time ranking all of these TV shows, books and movies. I'm sure if I was compiling this list two weeks ago or two weeks from now, maybe I'd put some of them in a different order. But the above list is give or take where I'd rank everything that I recommended in 2012.

Now that I've got 2012 behind me, it's time to look ahead at what's to come in 2013. As I did when I launched this blog a year ago with a post highlighting what I'm looking forward to the most, I'll do the same for this year. So keep your eyes peeled for that to be up soon.

Check out my Goodreads page to follow along what I'm reading and what I plan on reading in 2013.

Follow me on Twitter @TheJeffDodge. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to tweet me, e-mail me or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment