Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013 Year in Review: My Recommendations of the Year

Earlier today, I posted the first part of my 2013 Year in Review. Now it's time for Part 2: taking a look at all of my recommendations from throughout the year, including some additional recommendations that I didn't review but still want to mention. I've ranked them as best I could, though when I'm including things from all different areas (movies, TV shows, books, etc), it's not always easy to determine which is better, if a particular movie is better than a certain book, for example. But here it is:


2013 Recommendations:
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
2. Game of Thrones Season 2
3. Game of Thrones Season 1
4. Breaking Bad Season 1
5. The Avengers
6. Inferno by Dan Brown
7. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
8. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)
9. Thor
10. Double Down: Game Change 2012 by Mark Halperin/John Heilemann
11. The West Wing Season 1
12. Silver Linings Playbook
13. The Newsroom Season 1
14. Game Change (HBO film)
15. Room by Emma Donoghue
16. Flight
17. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Graham-Smith
18. Iron Man
19. Iron Man 3
20. Iron Man 2
21. Siberia
22. Under the Dome (TV show)
23. The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer
24. Monsters University
25. Captain America: The First Avenger
26. Exporting Raymond
27. Bully

Other 2013 Recommendations (That I Didn't Review):
Music: Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped in Red; Bombshell: The New Marilyn Monroe Musical from Smash
Podcasts: Game of Owns; Glee Chat; Alohomora; Animation Addicts Podcast (by the Rotoscopers)
Audiobook: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (read by Jim Dale)
     *I rarely talk about music on this blog, which I'm thinking should change. This doesn't mean I'll be doing a bunch of music reviews now, but I'm going to try and keep a better track of the albums I listen to throughout the year so I can mention them in my Year-End posts.

Top Film: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Top TV Show: Game of Thrones
Top Book: Inferno by Dan Brown
Top Album: Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped in Red
Top Podcast: Game of Owns
Top (& Only) Audiobook: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Well, now that I'm done with my 2013 Year in Review content, it's time to look at what's to come in 2014 and what I'm anticipating and looking forward to the most in the coming year. Stay tuned for that to be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment