Thursday, May 16, 2019

Goodbye, 'Big Bang Theory'--And Thank You!

(Photo Source: CBS)

The Big Bang Theory has come to an end.

12 seasons. 279 episodes.

I am really going to miss this show.

My journey with this sitcom didn't start at the beginning, though. It was the summer of 2012. I was setting up to record a TV show, and the channel happened to be on TBS. This was the very first summer that The Big Bang Theory was airing in syndication on cable TV (having started the previous September).

I obviously knew about the show but had never seen it before. Pretty soon, I was hooked. I had the TV turned on to TBS a lot throughout that summer, watching as many past episodes as I could get through. When the regular TV season started up in September, I knew I would start watching every new episode on CBS from then on--and I did.

I'm sure a lot of fans got introduced to The Big Bang Theory from its syndicated airings on TBS, and that was probably a big reason for the ratings going up every year.

It's now seven years later, and the show is over.

The Big Bang Theory is one of the most hilarious sitcoms I've ever watched. It's so easy to relate to various aspects of these characters' personalities. The cast members have perfectly brought these characters to life (my favorite BBT actor/character is Jim Parsons/Sheldon). The writing is sharp and quick-witted. The pop culture references are great. And it's always fun to read Chuck Lorre's vanity cards at the end of every episode.

The BBT universe isn't completely over, though. Spin-off Young Sheldon, which is also fantastic, has just finished its second season.

And for me personally, BBT is not completely over either. Even though I watched a ton of rerun episodes that one summer, there's no way I've seen every episode from before season 6. So at some point, I am going to go through and watch seasons 1-5, which will be fun.

All good things must come to an end, of course. I want to thank Chuck Lorre for creating this show, the Barenaked Ladies for that brilliant theme song, the writers, producers, cast members and everyone else who has contributed in some way.

No need to add "Bazinga" because I meant every word of it.

Goodbye, Big Bang Theory--and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment