Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Reviews: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1 Roundup

(Photo Source: Marvel)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is finally here! The new Avengers spin-off premieres tonight at 8pm on ABC. (For those on the East Coast, it's already aired, but for those of us on the West Coast, we're still counting down the minutes and hours.)

So since this is the day that the show makes its long-awaited debut, here's a roundup of all the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1 reviews I did over the past several weeks:


Iron Man Review -- Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1
I'm going to start off this review by saying: Robert Downey, Jr. made this movie. It's his personality, his charisma, the way he carries himself that makes him work as the character of Tony Stark. He as Stark is more endearing and watchable and fascinating in just this first movie than Christian Bale is in all three Batman movies combined....

The Incredible Hulk Review -- Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1
I'm starting to think that maybe the character of the Hulk just doesn't suit this format--I don't think he can carry individual films on his own....And it really all comes down to this particular superhero -- what is even the point of the Hulk?...

Iron Man 2 Review -- Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1
After watching the first Iron Man and now coming into the sequel, I'm pretty sure I had heard at some point that 2 is not as good as 1. I came in with that mindset so that I hopefully wouldn't be too disappointed if I found that to be true. But I have to say, I really...

Thor Review -- Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1
The casting--talking about how little I knew about the character or the movie, the only bit of casting I was aware of was that Chris Hemsworth played Thor. I had no idea that Natalie Portman of all people was in this movie until she showed up on the screen while I was watching it. Both of these were...

Captain America: The First Avenger Review -- Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1
For Captain America, there was nothing that got me excited, and maybe that's because I knew nada, zip, zero. As I've said, I have found myself pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying these movies, overall. And the same is true here--having known nothing going into it, I found it to be a fun, action-packed movie that I enjoyed very much....

Marvel's The Avengers Review -- Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1
This is the movie I was looking forward to the most out of all of them. As I made my way through this franchise, seeing each individual Avenger as they got their start as superheroes and their first tasks and missions and how they each dealt with immense responsibilities and consequences, I couldn't wait to see them all come together. I've obviously heard many great things about The Avengers, so I wasn't expecting to be let down. And let down...

And now it's time for me to move past Phase 1. The first Phase 2 film--actually, the only one out right now--is Iron Man 3, and I'm planning on watching it this weekend. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment